Branding, without a shadow of doubt, is critical to your business success. Look at the top brands in the world right now, for example, Facebook and Google. Virtually everyone is familiar with them. Creating and fortifying your brand in the modern day is as important as optimizing your company’s brand. These days, consumers want to get to the bottom of the brand to know the story behind the founders, the challenges, the stumbles and the success. But a strong brand doesn’t come on a silver platter. It takes time, and you have to go all out there to build it. Below are strategies to help you build a strong personal brand:
- Be yourself when perfecting your personal branding strategy – The traditional way of building a brand stipulates that you disguise yourself as talented brain. This means appearing in a certain fashion, acting in a particular way, and saying things according to the script regardless of your feeling towards them. This strategy almost always proves to be unmanageable in the long run. Your brand should reflect the real you, which means; what you believe, stand for, your strengths and weaknesses. If your customers realize that you’re faking it, they’ll leave in record numbers.
- Visibility and accessibility are key when looking to ramp up your entrepreneurship efforts – In this day and time, there is no way you’re going build a strong brand by hiding behind your desk. You have to be visible and accessible. People want to see you for real and get face-to-face engagements. Go out to conferences, schedule keynote speeches to socialize and network. Open yourself up to social media and allow incoming messages. Initiate interactive feedback if you have the time.
- Craft motivational articles and engage in interviews to bolster your merchandising campaigns – Motivational articles and interviews cement your credibility. Interviews may take time to come, but once you get an opportunity, they will start streaming in, and you’ll be all over soon enough. If you appear on media platforms like CNN, BBC, FOX and so on, your credibility will be cemented for good.
- Build a strong online presence to boost your personal branding strategy – In the digital age, online presence is key to the success of any business. The online space is where customers spend most of their time today. Set up a website to enable more customers to discover your brand organically. Optimize your social media profiles by keeping them active through fresh content and engagements. Make a point to Google yourself to determine how you’re coming through. With time, your brand will mature, and you’ll start making money on autopilot.
- Perfecting your branding strategy means having the desire to continue to learn – Regardless of your level of brand success, you should continue to learn and fine tune your brand. Things are always changing, and if you switch off, someone might overtake your brand. Building up a brand takes up significant time and effort, so you should continually seek out for knowledge to maintain your status or even take your brand up a notch or two.
— Alok Singh (@alokkey) 11 de mayo de 2017